Friday 2 September 2016

In Falmouth

Blue Star has had a 2 week stop over in Falmouth prior to continuing her voyage. In that time I visited with Diane. Cliff and Ash came to stay with us, and also Angie and Keith from Woolcool visited. It was rainy when Diane and I arrived but a lovely rainbow soon gave way to lots of sunny weather. We took the opportunity to explore the River Fal, the Helford River and St Mawes.

New crew arrive this weekend, but the weather forecast isn’t very encouraging! Still, only 2 more weeks of sailing and we will have crossed the finish line!

River Joke:
Mr Thick wanted to cross the river. Mr Tricky shouted to him from the other side: ‘Hey, I’ll shine this torch across the river. All you have to do is walk along the beam of light until you get to this side!’.
‘Do you think I’m thick or something?’ said Mr Thick. ‘I know full well that as soon as I’m half way across you’ll turn the torch off and I’ll fall into the river!’

Diane and the rainbow

The Helford River

No comments:

Post a Comment